Croft Capital (Pty) Ltd is a South African based boutique corporate and project finance advisory, capital raising, distressed funding and environmental advisory firm which provides comprehensive tailored solutions to suit our clients’ needs.
We are client centric, focusing on providing innovative and customised solutions based on functional expertise to ensure clients successfully achieve their goals. No matter how big or small the client, Croft Capital has the ability to aid our clients in achieving their goals and think beyond the constraints of their current situation.
The team at Croft Capital consist of Chartered Accountants (CA(SA)) and Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA) which together bring an abundance of experience to deliver on solutions for our clients.
Our environmental consulting arm provides support to best practice solutions
in environmental management and climate change.
We have a duty of care to: Recognize and value the contributions of all people
Ensure our clients are dealt with diligently, timeously and with respect
To comply with all rules and regulations within the countries in which we operate
We have responsibility to ensure that:
All work is conducted professionally
Clients are dealt with honestly and with integrity
All deliverables are concluded timeously
Decisions made are clear to ensure shared success of all the parties
We strive to ensure that:
All client engagements are performed objectively and effectively
The highest quality of work is delivered to our clients
We remain and act independently of our clients
Croft Capital seeks to add value by being solution-focused by:
Putting ourselves in the shoes of our clients to fully understand the problem
Thinking differently and unconventionally to provide unique solutions
Focusing on our customers long-term success making an impact through our talent, passion and hard work
Trust and respect
All our relationships are built on trust and respect
We pay special attention to our clients’ requirements thereby allowing them to focus on their business whilst we focus on ensuring that our clients meet their end goals.
We at Croft Capital are well versed in the Investment Banking and Corporate Finance space.
Experience ranges from:
- Fund raising
- Due diligence
- Company valuations
- Financial instrument valuations
- Mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- Distressed business and business rescue advisory
- B-BBEE requirements and advisory
- Environmental advisory and consulting
- Value added support services
Croft Capital has identified that many investment holding companies have the ability to make investments, however, they are not able to effectively manage these investments to create and derive exponential value from these investments.
We are able to bridge this gap through our skills by:
- Providing post investment management services
- Understanding and exploiting growth drivers to increase revenue and reduce the overall cost base thereby enhancing cash flows
- Creating synergies between sister companies and other companies within our network in order to derive a significant amount of value-add for everyone
- Serving on boards
- Placing our trusted and experienced people within organisations in order to grow cash flows
- Providing insights and execution when exiting investments
OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICE OFFERING
At Croft Capital we have full in-house capabilities to raise funds for our clients. Our fund raising capabilities range from start-up’s to expansionary funding for listed companies. We have the ability to raise funding for a range of different business needs. This ranges from manufacturing entities for plant and equipment, working capital, trade finance and property development finance. Further, we have the ability to raise debt, mezzanine debt, and equity.
Our specialized capabilities and experience include:
- Development of the most appropriate and practical funding objectives and structures Identifying the best finance institutions for funding client specific projects
- Preparing a financial model
- Determining the optimal debt-equity ratio Performing debt capacity calculations
We have expertise in preparing the appropriate funding models and assist in the collation of fund raising packs required for each specific funder.
Distressed Business and Business Rescue
Croft provides the requisite advisory assistance:
- to businesses in distress who may require balance sheet restructuring
- to distressed businesses requiring a turn- around strategy development
- in raising the required capital to support businesses with their turnaround strategy
- to business rescue practitioners through the provision of corporate advisory services in business rescue processes
- in negotiating with creditors and lenders inline with turnaround strategies
We assist our clients in achieving their B-BBEE objectives and offer advice on the following:
- Sector codes and industry charters
We have extensive knowledge in performing due diligence for our clients. The types of due diligence which we are able to perform include Financial Due Diligence and Commercial Due Diligence.
We provide our clients with independent and objective opinions on valuations. These valuations are performed by a seasoned team.
Valuations which we are able to perform include:
- Various methods of company valuations that suit the client needs
- Valuation of financial instruments
Mergers, Acquisitions and Disposals Advisory
We at Croft Capital provide financial and strategic advice to assist our clients who are considering a merger, acquisition or disposal. We assist our clients from the beginning of the transaction through to completion and provide independent, objective and focused advice and analysis. We provide advice on a full range of transactions, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions (buy side and sell side)
- Leveraged buyouts
- Management buyouts
- Divestitures and other restructurings
- Due diligence
Our service proposition includes
Mergers and Acquisitions (buy-side)
- A detailed understanding of the transaction and the transaction rationale
- Managing the acquisition process
- Financial and commercial due diligence Company valuations
- Selection of potential providers of capital, and full support during the capital raising process
- Support in negotiation with the sellers for a successful closing of the transaction
Sales and divestures (sell side)
We assist our clients with spin-offs, splits, equity carve-outs and disinvestment, by providing the following services:
- the development of the information memorandum and marketing materials
- management of the selling process including sales tactics and competitive bidding development
- support to the client in the management of due diligence with the selected potential buyers including coordination of Q&A with consultants, lawyers and transaction services providers
- support on final negotiation process including price and closing mechanisms
Environmental Advisory and Consulting
Croft Capital is well positioned to advise on environmental management and climate change. Our environmental specialist provides and / or facilitates environmental best practice regulatory guidance to enable our clients with:
- Sound environmental management practices in line with international sustainable development goals
- National environmental regulatory compliance where appropriate climate action is also considered
Value added support services
Support services to our clients which would include:
- Financial modelling which include:
- Project finance
- Corporate finance
- Hybrid project and corporate finance
- Financial forecast development and assessment
- IRR and times money measurement
- Payback periods
- Social responsible investment compliance, measurement and reporting
- Governance and risk control
- Business development support to SMME’s
- Project management
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
We at Croft Capital (Pty) Ltd believe in and promote the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (“SDGs”) as set-out by the United Nations (“UN”) in September 2015.
The UN formulated these goals to inspire and involve all sectors within a country including the Business Sector which is seen as a key driver to the SDGs.
With a view to assist clients in their long-term business goals, and driving the agenda of the UN’s 17 SDG’s, Croft Capital should be the Company of choice for all your financial and environmental requirements.
Picture credit: https://sdg-tracker.org